2020 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity
One of the major reasons the 2020 Kia Sorento stands out in the Auburn market is the Kia Sorento towing capacity, which maxes out at 5,000pounds when it’s properly equipped. Sunset Kia of Auburn covers the engine specs and features like the Kia Sorento tow package that make Kia Sorento towing so impressive below.
2020 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity: Engine Options
When you choose to finance a 2020 Kia Sorento, you’ll have multiple engine upgrades available for your needs in Federal Way. Here are the engine and drivetrain options on 2020 Kia Sorento configurations to keep in mind if you’re planning to use the Kia Sorento for trailers, campers, and more:
- 2.4L DOHC 16-Valve I-4 FWD: This engine generates 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque, with FWD giving you a towing capacity of 2,000 pounds
- 2.4L DOHC 16-Valve I-4 AWD: Adding Dynamax™ AWD on the LX trim and above gives you more control on Sumner roads and keeps your towing capacity at 2,000 pounds.
- 3.3 liter DOHC 24-valve V6 FWD: On the S V6, EX, and SX trims, this robust engine boosts your Kia Sorento towing capacity to 3,500 pounds thanks to 290 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.3 liter DOHC 24-valve V6 AWD: If you want maximum Kia Sorento towing, add AWD with the V6 engine and achieve 5,000 pounds of towing capacity.
2020 Kia Sorento Towing Package and Features
One of the essential components of the Kia Sorento is the Kia Sorento Towing Package, which, coupled with other features, not only boosts towing power but also provides control and stability on Puyallup roads.
- Kia Sorento Towing Package: This package comes with a tow hitch which is necessary for achieving the maximum Kia Sorento towing capacity.
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes: By putting disc brakes on all four wheels (instead of the partial disc brake systems on other cars), Kia has made the Sorento all the more stable on the road.
- Locking Center Differential: This available feature works by controlling the axle so that all of your wheels move uniformly.
- Torque Vectoring Control: Starting at the LX, this available performance feature sends torque to each wheel based upon your needs, improving performance.
2020 Kia Sorento Safety Features
In addition to exceptional towing performance, the Kia Sorento has numerous safety features to help with towing.
Standard Safety Features
- Traction Control System
- Electronic Stability Control
- Brake Assist System
Safety Features Starting on the LX Trim
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision Warning
- Blind Spot Collision Warning
Safety Features Starting on the S V6 Trim
- Forward Collision Warning
- Blind Spot Collision Avoidance-Assist
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance
Safety Features Starting on the EX Trim
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Forward Collision Avoidance w/ Pedestrian Detection
- Lane Keeping Assist
Find the 2020 Kia Sorento at Sunset Kia of Auburn!
2020 Kia Sorento towing is just one of the many incredible features of this new SUV. Auburn drivers can find out more about the Sorento and other new Kia vehicles by contacting Sunset Kia of Auburn, where we are happy to help you find your next vehicle.