2020 Kia Optima MPG Ratings
When you opt for the LX or S trim levels, the 2020 Kia Optima earns up to 25 mpg city/35 mpg highway with its 2.4L engine. What if you want to upgrade to a higher trim level for additional luxury features? You can still enjoy an efficient Kia powertrain configuration. Sunset Kia has the details on the Kia Optima gas mileage figures, and once you see just how efficient this stylish sedan can be, we know you won’t want to drive anything else!
Kia Optima MPG by Trim Level and Engine
Kia Optima LX & S
- 2.4L 4-Cylinder — EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/35 mpg highway
Kia Optima Special Edition
- 2.4L 4-Cylinder— EPA-estimated 24 mpg city/32 mpg highway
Kia Optima EX and EX Premium
- 1.6L 4-Cylinder w/ Turbocharger — EPA-estimated 27 mpg city/37 mpg highway
Kia Optima SX
- 2.0L 4-Cylinder w/ Turbocharger — EPA-estimated 21 mpg city/30 mpg highway
Kia Optima Features that Save on Fuel Economy
The powerful Kia Optima engines discussed above are not the only reason why this sedan has earned such impressive fuel economy figures from the EPA. Here are a few of the other features found throughout the lineup that make everything possible:
- Front-Wheel Drive: Front-wheel drive offers notable traction on Washington roads, however this drivetrain requires less fuel than all- or four-wheel drive systems.
- Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT): CVVT is another feature that boosts efficiency each time you hit the roads of Tacoma. It works by changing the timing of valve lift events.
- Available 7-Speed Dual-Clutch Transmission: When you reach the Optima EX, this type of transmission becomes standard. It allows you to enjoy better fuel-efficiency than automatics and manuals, which is possible because it features two separate clutches.
Reliable Kia Optima Safety Features
How did the Optima earn such an impressive safety rating? It’s no secret. Like all new Kia models, the Optima comes with tons of advanced safety features, including the latest driver assistance technology! In the baseline LX trim, you’ll receive:
- Rearview camera
- Rear parking sensors
- Lane keeping assistance
- Lane departure warning
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Driver attention monitor
- Blind spot monitor
- Rear cross traffic alert
Already, you can see that the Kia Optima offers one of the most impressive lists of standard safety features in the segment! If you decide to upgrade, you’ll find even more to love. Options include:
- Surround-view camera
- Adaptive cruise control
- Automatic high beam headlights
- Adaptive headlights
- Pedestrian detection
Browse Our Kia Optima Inventory Online
The Kia Optima gas mileage is just one of the many reasons why the latest Kia Optima should be at the top of your list. Take a look at our inventory online before you do your vehicle shopping. With so many great Kia Optima models available, it may be a challenge to narrow down your search. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the experts at Sunset Kia of Auburn. We would be glad to assist you.